Serves: 16 (1 brownie each) Prep time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 28 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving) 1
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (15-oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup organic grass-fed butter, melted (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Place chickpeas, butter, eggs,maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips; mix by hand until blended.
5. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes , or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
7. Cut into squares.
You can also use an 8 x 8-inch pan to bake brownies. They will be a little thicker.
You can substitute cannellini beans for garbanzo beans. They make a smoother brownie.
*update: top them with walnuts!!! OMG sooo good!!!
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF COMPLETELY CHANGING YOUR LIFE.... I Never thought it would be possible for me, but I decided to try... and indeed, my life completely changed.
Let me help you get started... I share this with you along with the recipe because I want to show you that healthy doesn't mean spinach and chicken... it's a combination of discipline, effort, balance and accountability.
join me... tell me a little more about yourself by filling out the few questions below!
Fill out my online form.
Use Wufoo templates to make your own HTML forms.