So many of my friends and followers ask me all the time what to buy, what I eat, where I get it from, what's the best option.....I have decided to write the list of MUST HAVES which I get from TRADER JOE'S. There are many of these awesome stores around the country. I love shopping there because they offer very few commercial brands, actually everything pretty much is their own brand, so they keep prices low without us customers having to pay the "brand fee" for the bigger names. They do carry lots of exclusive treats that you will enjoy for sure but for the most part, STICK TO THE BASICS!
Here it goes, and as I type, I'm walking through the Millburn, New Jersey location in my head, so
if this is the one you visit, I'm giving you the road map. hehehe
- Coconut oil and coconut oil spray
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Rolled Oats
- Flax seed and chia seeds
- Green Tea
- Herbal Teas
- Whole Grain Pasta
- Marinara Sauce
- Quinoa (I love the red, I buy both kids and mix them up)
- Organic canned beans for emergencies
- Natural Unsalted Peanut Butter crunchy and creamy
- Almond butter (a little more pricey than PB so your choice)
- Himalayan Salt
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- seasonings: cinnamon, garlic, lemon garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, turmeric, oregano, basil, chili peppers. (very affordable and good quality)
- Multigrain Pancake Mix (hubby makes killer waffles without eggs, I'll share recipe later one day, I promise)
- Organic Turkey Slices
- Low fat cheeses
- Organic Tofu
- Hummus (or make your own at home)
- Vegetables and Fruits (all of them if you want, the more the better, and always try different ones) They offer Organic and regular so you decide
- Almond milk (pink box because its unsweetened, unflavored and no carrageenan)
- Greek Yogurt
- Chicken and Turkey
- Rice Cakes
- Walnuts and Almonds
- Cliff Bars
- Ezekiel Bread (Orange bag)
- Whole grain Tortillas
- Dark Chocolate :) yes dark chocolate
I think that's it, but if you have questions or suggestions, maybe I missed something, let me know, I'll add it here of course!
Most of it pictured here, they also carry little boys of all ages. I was lucky to find this cute one on sale! :)
Check out their page for locations, new products, the monthly Flyer is a fun read, recipes and what not! Maybe even to suggest new locations if there isn't one near you! ;) Healthy eating is not only possible with Trader Joe products of course so use this list to go to any other grocery store and get your essentials. Stay away from those corner items on sale but that will only clog your family's arteries. Stock up on fruits and more fruits and vegetables and make them available for the little ones. They don't need to eat cookies and ice cream every day. Those are treats, not food groups!
Hope this helps you! Feel free to leave a note! Happy healthy eating shopping!
Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.