Delicious!!! you guys are going to love them... The kids can't stop eating them and I'm here like, sure have them... chocolate chip cookies, healthy, why not! They are Gluten free, paleo, so no worries there. Of course they still have calories so enjoy in moderation but they are a really nice treat. The coconut oil gives them a sweet coconutty taste. yum!
Serves: 26 (1 cookie each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time:16 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving) 1 1/2
3 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking flour, gluten-free
1/4 tsp sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1/4 cup extra virgin organic coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
1 large egg
2 large egg whites (1/4 cup)
1/2 cup semi-sweet (or dark)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl;mix well.Set aside.
4. Beat oil and maple syrup in a large mixer bowl until creamy, approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add eggs, egg whites, and extract; beat for an additional two minutes.
6. Add almond flour mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
7. Add chocolate chips; mix until just blended.
8. Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten cookies with a spatula if traditional cookie appearance is desired. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Store in an airtight container.
- You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup of silvered almonds in a food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of silvered almonds yields approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
- If you cannot find almond flour in your store, you can look at club stores or online.
Recipe from the book #fixate by Autumn Calabrese available here ---> get the book
Are you looking for a change in your health and fitness? let me give you a hand... let's chat and together we can figure out the best plan for you so you can reach your goal.
Complete this short form below and I will get back to you with my recommendations....
Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.