- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon himalayan sea salt or regular sea salt
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, remove the thicker part of the stalks and set aside, mince the leaves and the thinner stalks
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add in water, salt, lime juice and lime zest and the thick stalks of the cilantro. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, then stir in the chopped cilantro.
To follow the 21 day fix meal plan, measure the portion in the yellow container and enjoy!
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. you can also freeze the individual portions in ziplock bags and reheat before serving.