MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Total Time: 41 min. • Prep Time: 25 min. • Cooking Time: 16 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS per serving:
6 (4-oz.) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
½ cup almond flour
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ tsp. finely grated lemon peel (lemon zest)
¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp. olive oil (or extra-virgin organic coconut oil)
3 tsp. olive oil
6 cups mixed vegetables
Fresh parsley (for garnish; optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. (220° C.).
2. Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. Hold it flat with the palm of one hand and, with a chef’s knife in the other hand, carefully slice it in half horizontally (parallel to the cutting board). Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Place each chicken breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet or tenderizer until ¼-inch thick (or about twice the original size). Set aside.
4. Combine almond flour, garlic, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish; mix well. Set aside.
5. Combine egg and water in a shallow dish; whisk to blend.
6. Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture; dredge in almond flour mixture until evenly coated. Set aside.
7. Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
8. Add chicken breasts; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn chicken.
9. Place skillet in oven; bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of each breast reads 165° F. (75° C.). Note: I don't have a skillet that is oven safe so I used a baking tray, covered with aluminum foil, and placed the chicken over it and then used it for the baking process. Works just fine as well. Don't worry.
10. While chicken is baking, heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
11. Add vegetables, cook stirring frequently for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender-crisp.
12. Serve chicken with vegetables garnished with parsley (if desired).
Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.Looking for healthy recipes and accountability? Find me on Facebook and follow my Like Page at https://www.facebook.com/Paula618fitness