1. Eat more. not big plates, but 5-6 small meals each day, spaced 2 - 3 hours apart. Protein and complex carb at each meal with a big glass of water!
2. Eat breakfast everyday, within an hour of waking up.
4. Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal.
5. Eat sufficient healthy fats every day.
6. Drink at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water each day. Add some lemon, limes, cucumbers or orange slices for extra flavor!
7. Carry a cooler packed with clean foods & snacks each day.
8. Depend on fresh fruit and vegetables for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
9. Adhere to proper portion sizes.
10. Eat only foods that have not been overly processed, or that contain artificial additives (sweeteners, colors, preservatives, etc.), saturated and trans fats.
READ THE INGREDIENTS LABEL!
What to Avoid:
- Avoid all over-processed foods, particularly white flour and sugar
- Avoid all chemically charged foods
- Avoid foods containing preservatives
- Avoid artificial sugars
- Avoid artificial foods such as processed cheese slices
- Avoid saturated and trans fats
- Avoid sugar loaded beverages, including sodas and juices
- Avoid or do your best to limit alcohol intake.
- Avoid all calorie dense foods containing little or no nutritional value.
- Avoid super sizing your meals. Eat until your satisfied not until you feel stuffed.
- AVOID ANYTHING that contains the following on the label:
- High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup
- MSG (Monosodium Glutamate)
- Modified, Genetically-modified, etc.
- From concentrate
- TIP: When you see the words "diet", "sugar-free" or "lite", chances are it contains artificial sweeteners like Aspartame which is POISON! Stay away.