Guilt Free Anytime protein muffins- egg muffins



First time I make these as a suggestion from one of my VFFs. A VFF, in case you don't know what it means, is a Virtual Fit Friend! Those friends that, even though are miles and miles away, keep you accountable, inspire you and understand your fit life, cause let face it, unless you are into health and fitness and working out and new kicks and all the shenanigans, you think fit people are weird and eat special food.

Well, this recipe I'm sharing with you here is nothing "special"! It's eggs and vegetables!! That's it!!  So, here this goes, make them this weekend so you have some yummy, protein packed, nutrient loaded snacks handy, when the donut and bagel try to wink at you! Say no thx, I have my veggies muffins my coach suggested! ;) 

Let me know if you make them and what variations if any cause the beauty of this is that you can add whatever in the world you want! 
How to make: 
Preheat oven to 350. Use baking spray and prep a muffin/cup cake baking tray 
Ok, so it's made with EGGS! I used 2 whole eggs and 6 egg whites! Beat them after you Season the eggs with sea salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper (if you like it hot)
Set aside.
Sautée any vegetables you like or have at hand. I used a little bit of coconut oil instead of olive oil. 

For these ones I chopped:
  • Carrot
  • Broccoli
  • Spinach
  • Red pepper
Once done, and please don't over cook, just a quick sauté cause they are going to the oven don't forget. 
Use a spoon to divide the veggies into each muffin cup, and use the spoon also to fill with the egg mix. I filled them like 3/4 of the muffin cup, not all the way to the top. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes and done!! That's it. So easy dude!!! 
Like I said, be creative and share your new creations. Add turkey bacon, Canadian bacon, low fat ham or turkey, healthy sausage, low fat cheese. 
Yummy!!! 
Eat it with some Sriracha and avocado!! Sooo good!! 

Hope you all have a wonderful, healthy weekend! Remember to keep healthy, nutritious snack around you to avoid temptation!

Peas out!! 



Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment