SPAGHETTI SQUASH - quick italian dinner in the crockpot


Who says eating healthy and delicious food has to be expensive, time consuming and boring!!! Check out this great idea one of my fabulous challengers gave me!!!! 
I mean, come on, i had to share this with you guys cause it's brilliant!!! so quick and easy to make! 
all you need is:

* Spaghetti Squash- cut in half, seeds and membranes removed 
* Spaghetti sauce Sauce - my favorite is from Trader Joes or you can also of course make      your own, and if yo have a great recipe, please feel free to share! Help a sister out! Thx! 
* Frozen meatballs -  check out my favorite recipe for  Home made Turkey Meatballs

Three ingredients!!! That's it! Well, assuming you have the meatballs already prepared and frozen on your meal planning days.  

Soooo, place everything in the pot.  Set it on high for 3 hours or Low for 5 hours. should be cooked by then.  
Remove the Squash, with a fork take out the "spaghetti" and throw out the skin. Serve as you like and boom!!! Healthy, easy, nutritious, fit, affordable, quick meal! I would serve with a side of steamed broccoli to add some greens into this mix! 
but that's just me :) 

spaghetti squash, meatballs, marinara, coach paula chavez, turkey meatballs





No comments:

Post a Comment