Recipe: Chicken and Veggie Fajitas
|Total Time: 53 min.|
|Prep Time: 15 min.|
|Cooking Time: 7 min.|
|Yield: 4 servings, 2 fajitas each|
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 (4-oz) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow (or orange) carrot, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) whole wheat (or corn) tortillas, warm
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
- Lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and 1 tsp. oil in large resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken; mix gently to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Empty contents of bag into skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and carrot; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove from heat.
- Add lime juice; mix well.
- Top each tortilla evenly with chicken mixture and salsa; garnish with lime wedges if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
|326||9 g||2 g||73 mg||722 mg||32 g||3 g||3 g||28 g|
Body Beast® Portions:
21 Day Fix® Portions:
|Green Container||Red Container||Yellow Containers||Blue Container|